ERP for INSTITUTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Focus Plus Software Esp. for Institute Management to maintain Enquiries, Admission, Fees, Course Master, Installment Management, Attendance, Accounts, Day Book, Ledger, Cash Book, Payments, Receipts, Cheque Printing, Easy Banking, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, Profit/Loss, Trading Account, Multi Company, Bank reconciliation, Interest Calculation, Simple Sale / Purchase Vouchers, SMS Facility and much more. Everything that is important to computerize any institute.
Youtube Videos to Learn Focus Plus Software
In this manual, we will learn how to use Institute Management software and all its features.
1) When we open the software, we will come across the main screen shown as below.
2) Click on �Create A New Company� button.
3) Type all the details of the Company like Address, Contact, Registration, Licensing, Financial Year etc.
4) By default, the username and password is 1, we can change it if we wish.
5) After filling all the details, click on �Create Company� button.
Software will give a message �Company created successfully�. Click Ok.
Login by typing the username and password.
After login, here you see the main screen with all the options on it.
In every Institute, there are various courses for which students apply according to their own choices. We can add multiple courses along with their fees structure in the software. It is very simple to do. Let�s see how to create different courses.
1) Go to Masters Menu and click on Course Master.
2) Type Course Name, Course Fee and click on Save. Multiple courses are created.
3) There is a search option also at the bottom of above screen where we can search for course name and view its details.
4) We can modify and delete any course also. Type the Course Name in the search box which we want to modify or Delete. As soon as we type first few letters of Course Name, software shows us the desired Course details. Make any modifications if we want and click on Update to save changes being made or click Delete button to remove the selected Course.
Students come to the Institute for Course Enquiry and its fees structure. We fill up an Enquiry Form to record the student details. Let’s see how to create an Enquiry in the software.
1) Click on Enquiry option on the right side menu or Entries menu at the top of the main screen.
Select Dates and click OK. The list of Enquiries in the selected date range is shown.
There are few important options (buttons) on Enquiries window which are explained as below.
2) Click on New button to create new Enquiry.
3) Fill all the details of the students.
4) There is �+� sign next to Course field. Click on �+� sign and Course Master window opens up. We can add more courses if we wish or modify its details.
5) Add picture of the student also.
6) Click on Save button to save Enquiry details.
7) If we want to print the list of Enquiries, select the records and click on Print button. The list is displayed as below.
8) To view the Enquiry Form of students, select the student records and click on Enq. Form button. Enquiry Forms of the selected students are displayed.
9) Institute may wish to send reminders as SMS to students who enquired for the courses. Click on Reminders button for this purpose.
10) Select the dates and click OK.
11) To see the list in MS-Excel, click on Open in Excel button.
12) To send any information to students, click on SMS, type message and send.
There is an Import and Export facility in this software through which we can get the data from MS-Excel and transfer the data to MS-Excel.
13) By clicking on Export button in Enquiries window above, the selected records will be transferred to Excel sheet.
14) By clicking on Import button, Excel Data Import Utility opens up.
15) Click on Select button to select an Excel file, the data of which we want to import.
16) Type No. of Entries to be imported and click on Import Data button.
17) There are Search and Sort options also by which we can search any records among number of records and we can arrange the data alphabetically.
18) Enquiries window has two more important options to view all Pending or Successful Enquiries.
Tick on any of the options you wish.��������������������������
In manual system, keeping record of all the application forms of students is quite difficult. This software can make our life at ease so we will be able to store all the admission information in our computer which can be retrieved later on.
To create admission, click on Admission option on the right side menu OR Go to Entries menu at the top of the main screen.
List of Students window opens up with multiple options.
Let�s discuss about different options one by one below.
1) To see the List of Admission between a particular period, select dates and click OK.
2) Sometimes there is a possibility that the number of students may exceed than 22 and we want to display them pagewise,
an option display records on different pages as 1, 2, 3 shown as
3) Select to view the list of discontinued students.
4) Selectto select all the records.
Now, let�s see how to create new admission.
1) Click on New button.
2) Type Entry Date. Admission No. will come automatically.
3) There is an option �to get the data from the list of Enquiries. When we select this option, a small window appears from which we can choose the student who came for enquiry before and now getting admission.
Select the student�s record and press Enter key or click on Continue button. The details of the student chosen by us are displayed in the corresponding fields in the Admission screen.
If the student did not come earlier for Enquiry and is coming directly for Admission, we do not need to go to this option. We have to enter all the details in Admission window itself.
4) Type Roll No. of the student allotted by the institute.
5) Type Date of Admission.
6) Click to plan Fee structure for that student as he/she can pay fees in number of installments.
a) In the above screen, type No. of Installments. Ist Installment Amt. and Rest EMI Amount is automatically calculated and displayed. We can change the values of the installment amount.
b) Start On Date is displayed automatically by the software. We can change the Date if we wish.
c) Frequency is after what interval student has to pay the installments i.e. Day wise or Month wise.
d) Calculate button calculates and displays all the Installments Amounts. Total Amount is also shown below.
e) Clear List button will clear the complete list of Installments in case we want to change Fee Structure.
7) Type the field �Documents Received� if the student has submitted any documents while getting Admission.
8) Click save to save all the details in software database.
9) List shows the list of all the Admission.
10) If we want to delete or modify the details of any student, double click the student record from the List of Admissions. Details of the selected student is displayed in Admission screen. Make any modifications in record if we wish and click Update or click Delete to remove that student record.
Other Useful Options
Click Birthday if we want to see whose Birthday falls on which day or month.
1) Select Dates and click OK. The list is displayed as below.
2) Click Open in Excel to open the displayed Birthday list in MS-Excel.
3) Click SMS to send Birthday wishes to students.
Another options like Import, Export, Search and Sort are same as explained in Enquiries section.
ID Card We can view and take the print out of ID Card of the students.
We can view and take the print out of Admission Forms of the students using this button.
There is an SMS facility in this software. Click on this button to send any information to students through SMS.
Mobile App See Your Business while you on move
No need to ask your office staff about customer’s Balances, Bill Due Lists, Customers and Suppliers Ledgers while you are on the way. Just Tap customer name and see its ledger @ the speed of thought with cumulative balance and bills due information.
As you click on Mobile App button, Focus Plus will generate an XML file �Collection.xml�. You need to import this file in your Mobile Solver App. For more details about Solver App, logon to http://www.solversolutions.in/app/index.html
The main area of concern in every organization is its incomes and expenses.
Fees Collection is an important area of concern for every Institute. Need to keep record of fees collection manually. Focus Plus makes it very simple to manage fees installment collection.
1) Click on Quick Receipt option on the right side menu OR Entries menu at the top of the main screen.
2) Select Date, Payment Mode. Payment mode can be cash or cheque.
Add Payment mode by pressing F3. If the installment is received in cheque, press F3, create an Account as �Bank Name�. Select Bank Name as payment mode.
3) Receipt No. comes automatically.
4) Select Account Name i.e. the name of student from whom we are collecting installment.
5) If the receipt is done by cheque, software ask to enter Cheque details like Cheque No., Cheque Date, Bank Name on the cheque.Type all the details.
6) Type Total Amount the student is paying. Give Discount if you wish. Net Amount comes automatically.
7) Type Remarks and click Save
8) As the entries are saved, the records will show on the screen along with the values of Total Amount, Total Discount Amount and Total Net Amount.
9) Click on to move to first, previous, next and last record.
10) Click on to print Fees Receipt.
11) Select the records you wish to delete and Click on Delete
Institute has to incur various expenses like Staff Salary, Telephone Bill, Water and Electricity, Petrol, Tea, Office maintenance etc.
Let�s see how to make Payment entry in Focus Plus.
1) Click on Quick Payment option on the right side menu OR Entries menu at the top of the main screen.
2) Select Date, Payment mode.
3) Receipt No. is displayed automatically.
4) Select Account Name. We can add new Account by pressing F3.
5) Type Expense amount, Discount (if any). Net Amount displays automatically.
6) Type Remarks and click Save
7) We can add payment mode as Bank if the expenses are paid by cheque. Press F3 to add new account.
As soon as we select Account Name and press Enter, it will ask for Cheque information.
Fill all the cheque details like Cheque No, Cheque Date, Bank name.
8) Click on to move to first, previous, next and last record.
9) Alt+x = Import from Excel � Pressing Alt+x will enable to Import data from MS-Excel.
Click on Select button to select an Excel file, the data of which we want to import.
Type No. of Entries to be imported and click on Import Data button.
10) F12 = Tab Settings � We can set tab settings by pressing F12 key means when we press, which field the cursor moves to.
Select the options and click Apply.
11) Click on to print the records.
12) Select records and Click on Delete to remove the records.
5) Select records and click on print to print the Cheques or Vouchers.
6) Click on Delete to remove records.
Every Institute manages the record of student�s attendance. Focus Plus gives a very simple and user friendly Attendance Manager.
1) Click on New button to make Attendance Entry of the students opted for a particular course and particular batch.
2) Select Date, Course, Batch and click ok
3) All the students is displayed. By default, the attendance is marked as Present. Change the option if the student is absent or on leave.
4) Click save to save attendance entry.
5) On Attendance Manager, click Attendance Report
6) We can view and modify the attendance report of a particular student. Type Admission No. or click on Search button to search for Admission No.
7) Select Dates and click Ok
8) Click Edit to modify any entry. Click
9) In Attendance Manager also, double click on the record which we want to modify.
10) Click Print to take the print out of Attendance Report.
Institute is concerned with the due fees installment which is balance.
Outstanding Analysis gives a very clear picture of Receivable �and Payable
1) Select Date and click OK.
2) Click on �to print the list of due payments.
3) Click on Slips to print slips for balance fees.
4) Send any information or reminder to students using SMS feature. Click SMS , type the message and send.
5) Search for any record using Search button.
6) There are some search options by which we can view balance or outstanding amount.
Search by Account, Group, Mobile, City, amount greater than, amount less than.
Type in the Search Account box or click on �+� to select Account. Clicking �+� shows the screen below.
Type in the Group box or click on �+� to select Group.
Show Amount greater than Type any value. Click on buttons on left and click OK. The list with outstanding amount greater than the specified amount is shown.
We can choose to see all Customers(Students) or Suppliers or both as Groups.
Click on Standard Register button and click OK. This register shows the details of opening balance, fees received for each day till selected date and closing balance. It shows the Total Fees Received amount also at the bottom.
Click on Classical Register and click OK. It shows the same data as in Standard Register but in a different format.
INSTALLMENTS COLLECTION REPORT
Get complete Fees Installments collection Report of all the students with no ambiguity.
1) Select Dates and click OK.
2) There are four options – according to which we get the Report.
Select one of �and �.
View the fees details which are due but not received till the selected date.
View the fees details which are due and have received till the selected date.
View the fees details which are not due and have not received.
View the fees details which are not due but has been received in Advance.
3) There are search options at the bottom of above screen by which we can search list according to Admission No. or Account Name or any other field.
4) Click on print button�to print the report.
Focus Plus generates multiple reports related to Incomes and Expenses.
Sometimes, we want to view the complete Ledger of a particular student. Installments Ledger shows the fees Receipt.
1) Click on Installments Ledger option in Reports menu.
2) Select Name. Ref No displays automatically.
3) Type Due Date and click
This is very important Book which every Institute would like to see. Day Book shows all the date wise Receipts and Payment details either by cash or cheque.
1) Select Dates and click OK.
2) There are few Search options at the bottom of the above screen by which we can search the record by Account Name, Transaction Type, Narration or Amount.
3) Click �to print the above report.
Cash Book shows all the date wise Receipts and Payments by cash.
1) Select Account Name either Cash or Bank.
2) Type Dates and click OK
3) Cash Book shows Total Receipt, Payment and Balance.
4) Double click on the transaction to modify anything.
5) Click On Print Button to print the Report.
DAY BOOK CUM CASH BOOK
This Book shows the complete date wise entries for Receipts and Payments.
Select Dates, type Report Heading and select the options below which you want.
Click OK to see the report.
Click to print the report.
Log Book shows the Ledgers of a particular Account like student, staff, expenses etc.
Click on Log Book on the right side or Go to Reports menu of the main screen.
Double click on transaction to modify anything.
There are various buttons on the above screen. The corresponding report will be shown based on the button being clicked.
Click to print the report.
Click on Group Ledger in Reports menu.
Select Account Name, Dates and click OK. Focus Plus shows Group Ledger of �Salary� Account.
Double click on transaction to modify anything.
Click on print button to print the Group Ledger report.
HANDY CASH BOOK
It shows clear picture of all the Receipts and Payments made by Cash/Cheque.
Select Account as Cash or Bank Name.
Select Date Range and click OK.
Select this option to see daily balance, receipts and payments. It shows the details of every single Date.
Click �to print the Report.
QUICK PAYMENT REGISTER
This register shows all the expenses incurred by the Institute.
Click on Quick Payment Register in Reports menu.
Select Dates and click OK.
There is a search option at the bottom of the above screen by which we can search record according to Amount, Discount etc.
Click on Print button to print the Quick Payment Register.
QUICK RECEIPT REGISTER
This register shows all the incomes earned by the Institute.
Click on Quick Receipt Register in Reports menu.
Select Dates and click OK.
There are search options at the top and bottom of the above screen to search records based on the value being entered in the boxes.
In this search option, user selects the Bank Name. To add more Banks, go to Bank Entry option in Entries menu and press F3.
In this search option, user selects Bank Entry like Cheque Issued, Deposit etc.
Click On Print Button to print Bank Entry Register.
BANK RECONCILIATION STATEMENT
It shows all the bank transactions along with their status like cash given to someone to deposit in bank. He has not deposited cash in the bank. Then status shows uncleared.
Click on Bank Reconciliation Statement in the Reports menu.
The above screen shows the two options – Clear Entries and Un-Clear Entries. Selecting Clear Entries will show all the transactions which are cleared in bank. Selecting Un-Clear Entries will show all the transactions which are not cleared in bank.
Click On Print Button to print the Bank Reconciliation Report.
In an organization, we have various Fixed Assets like Capital Equipments, Plant & Machinery, Furniture & Fixtures, Computers, Cars etc. This chart shows all the asset�s actual value, depreciation rate, depreciation value and net value.
Select To Date and click OK
Click �to print the chart.
In an Institute, sometimes multiple users have to use the software for specific purposes. In this case, we create different users and specify their usage permissions.
Click on user in Masters Menu.
Type User Name and Password. Select or deselect the User permissions you wish. Activate or Unactivate Menus.
Click on �to save the settings.
List of Users button shows all the users.
Sometimes we may want to remove any user. Click on List of Users Button . All the users are shown.
Double click on any user you want to remove. The screen shows all the settings of the selected user.
Click on Delete button to remove the user.
Institute can make any changes in Company details.
Go to Company Info in Masters Menu.
Make the changes and click �otherwise, click on
See Your Business on the move
In this competitive world, every businessman needs to stay informed about his business activities at every moment. To remember every party�s Balance, Account Details, Due Bills, Birthdays, To-Do�s is not possible for everybody.
Solver App works just as your business assistant. It not only helps you in growth but also in maintaining your business relations. Means �Business in your Pocket�
See Party�s Ledger on your Smart phone
HOW TO USE (Offline Mode)
Step 1) From your Software Application Click on Accounts � Mobile App
Step 2) it will create a file �Collection.xml� in your software folder
Step 3) Copy This �Collection.xml� File to your Mobile or SD Card
Step 4) In Your Mobile, Run App and Import this file. It will show all data.
How to Use (ONLINE MODE)
1) Install Dropbox on your PC
2) Install your Software in Dropbox Folder
3) Install Dropbox App on your Mobile also
4) Now when you click on Mobile App From Software application, it will create Collection.xml file in dropbox folder
5) This �Collection.xml� will be synchronized very soon in your mobile�s dropbox folder
6) Run your App and import this �collection.xml� file